Counseling is a very private and life-changing process. The therapy process is designed to help people live happier, more effective lives. What we believe about life, health, and spiritual matters permeates everything we do.
As a Christian therapist, I appreciate the value of spiritual life in the healing process. It is important for my clients to know that I have a Christian perspective, but also my role as a therapist is not to impart my own values on others, but to help my clients clarify their own beliefs and values and overcome barriers to living in accord with who they want to be.
I often bring my service dog Lorenzo, to therapy sessions. Lorenzo offers comfort and unconditional compassion to individuals of all ages.
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Adolescent Issues (i.e., bullying, self esteem)
- Special Needs Support for Individuals, Parents and Families
- Addictions and Recovery
- Life Transitions (i.e., military, job change, illness, college, empty nest, divorce)
- Aging Related Issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Grief and Bereavement
- D., Doctor of Psychology, Southern California Seminary
- A., Counseling Psychology, Southern California Seminary
- S., Special Education – Learning/Emotionally Disabled, National University
- Department of Education, California Credentials and Certifications:
- Multiple Subject, Special Education, Reading Specialist
- S., Behavioral Sciences, National University